Californian Lot 64 - Organic Cone Mills Cotton
Mister Freedom has settled on a great cut in the Lot 64. Best described as a classic straight leg denim jean, reminiscent of the jeans you could buy in the 1960s. What makes this seasons Lot 64 unique, is the denim - a 15.5 ounce denim made with organic cotton and natural indigo giving it a unique blue hue unlike many jeans you'll see. Texas grown Organic Cotton, dyed in North Carolina at the Cone Mills White Oak Plant (RIP) and cut and sewn in California - Our version of Farm-to-Closet.
- Classic vintage five-pocket pattern.
- Button fly.
- Selvedge leg outseam.
- New Old Stock woven plaid fabric pocket bags.
- MF® original white “M” stitch design on rear pockets.
- Hand-debossed natural veg-tan cowhide leather MF® patch on rear pocket.
- Twelve types of 100% cotton threads (gauge and color combination) used for construction. Main colors are yellow and orange, with white accents.
- Coin pocket with concealed selvedge.
- Selvedge button hole fly placket.
- Hidden back pocket reinforcement rivets, with top pocket reinforcement zig-zag stitching.
- Original silver-color ‘oxidized’ MF® metal cast waist/fly buttons.
- Unmarked copper riveting for pocket opening reinforcement.
- Original MF® paper pocket flasher (Venice Beach, CA., enchanting sunset edition).
- Made in USA
New Old Stock Cone Mills (Greensboro, N.C., USA) 15.5 Oz. indigo twill denim, Organic cotton, solid white selvedge ID.
Pocket Bags: NOS 100% cotton woven plaid fabric, saffron/yellow check pattern.
UPDATE ON THE FABRIC FROM MF:
From our friend Chip at Cone Denim:
"We (Cone Denim) partnered with Stony Creek Colors in Tennessee who are working with Tobacco farmers to change their crops into indigo plant.
This is how the fabric gets to be such a vibrant blue, and is completely unique from any other dye we have ever run in the past.
It truly is one of the greatest, and most sustainable, selvedges we put out: Texas organic cotton, America indigo plant dye, all woven here in the US.”